The Smiths Falls Public Library is reopening today, Wednesday July 22 at 1:00pm, with some changes to library service. Please review our updated policy below before visiting us, or download the document here. We thank you for your patience and cooperation.
- Face masks are required and are to be worn inside the library. Please do not come to the library if you are sick.
- Entry will be by the front door only unless you require the accessible entrance/elevator.
- Hand sanitizer will be available when you enter the library.
- Both adult and children’s collections will be available to browse and check-out, though we will be limiting the number of people in each space to ensure physical distancing. Please pay attention to signage and follow instructions from staff.
- There will be a designated area for returns. We ask that you do not hand returned material directly to staff. All returned material will be quarantined for 72 hours.
- We will continue to extend due dates and waive late fines.
- Computer access will be limited. Bookings can be made by telephone or in person. Computers and workstations will be disinfected between appointments.
- Limited seating will be available to discourage extended visits.
- In-library programming will not resume at this time. Virtual programming will continue.
- Curbside pick-up will continue with reduced service hours.
Our staff are looking forward to welcoming everyone back to the library. If you have any questions, please call us at 613-283-2911 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org