Job Title: Primary Literacy Tutor (2 positions)
- University or college student in a child-related field of study
- Experience working with young children
- Ability to assist and relate to children of various ages and skill levels
- Strong oral and written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Previous tutoring experience
- Knowledge of Jolly Phonics and reading success strategies are an asset
The Primary Literacy Tutor is responsible for providing individual tutoring in reading for children ages 3 to 10. The tutor will assess, prepare and execute daily lessons that meet the needs of the individual child. Daily oral updates and a final written progress report at the end of each 2-week session is also required.
This summer position is for 30 hours per week, for 10 weeks. Rate of pay is $15.00 per hour.
COVID-19 guidelines and requirements as outlined by the local health unit will be adhered to, including, but not limited to physical distancing, proper PPE and sanitizing of workspace areas. For further protection, outside tutoring workstations will be utilized whenever possible.
This job is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs grant. Applicants must be between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age on the start date. Applicants must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a refugee under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of the Children’s Department at the Smiths Falls Public Library.
Resumes will be received at email@example.com until Friday, June 11 at 5:00 pm.