The Smiths Falls Public Library is looking for an energetic Children’s Literacy Programmer.
- Develop programs for children (JK – Gr. 6) that encourage literacy
- Delivering programs (including preparation and set-up)
- Deliver one-on-one tutoring for children, JK-Grade 6, including preparation of learning materials and final progress report for each child
This position is for 10 weeks @ 32.5 hours/$15.00
- Some post-secondary education
- Experience working with children
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work independently
- Current criminal check (vulnerable sector)
- Eligible for the Young Canada Works program
COVID-19 guidelines and requirements as outlined by the local health unit will be adhered to, including, but not limited to physical distancing, proper PPE and sanitizing of workspace areas. For further protection, outside programming will take place when possible.
This job is funded through the Young Canada Works program. Applicants must be between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age on the start date and be returning to full-time studies in the fall. Applicants must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a refugee under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume along with a cover letter to the attention of the Children’s Department. E-mail to email@example.com by Wednesday, June 16th at 5:00 p.m.