The Smiths Falls Public Library is excited to announce that we will reopen to the public for in-person services including browsing and computer access on Monday, July 5, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. We will be resuming our normal opening hours which are as follows:
- Monday to Thursday: 1:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
At this time we ask that you follow the guidelines below:
- Entry will be by the front door only unless you require the accessible entrance/elevator.
- COVID-19 self-assessment checklists will be posted at each entrance. Hand sanitizer will be available when you enter the library.
- Face masks will be worn by everyone, except those with exemptions, so long as they are required by law. Please do not come to the library if you are sick.
- Both adult and children’s collections will be available to browse and check-out, though we will be limiting the number of people in each space to ensure physical distancing. Please pay attention to signage and follow instructions from staff.
- As capacity will be limited to 30 visitors at a time, we may need to limit the length of visits. Limited seating will be available.
- Computer access will be limited. Please book computer appointments in advance to avoid disappointment. Bookings can be made by calling the library at 613-283-2911 or in person if space is available. Workstations will be disinfected between appointments.
- Events and programming will limited and take place outdoors whenever possible (weather permitting). For information on current and upcoming events and programs, please visit our Events and Programs page
- While we will be focused on in-person services, we will still offer curbside services.
Rules and procedures are subject to change based on provincial guidelines. We thank you for your patience and cooperation. If you have any questions, please call us at 613-283-2911 or email us at email@example.com
We can’t wait to see all customers, both familiar and new!