Job Title: Summer Literacy Tutor
- College or university student in an education-related field preferred
- Experience working with young children
- Ability to assist and relate to children of various ages and skill levels
- Strong oral and written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Previous tutoring experience preferred
The Summer Literacy Tutor is responsible for providing individual tutoring in reading for children ages 3 to 10. The tutor will assess, prepare and execute daily lessons that meet the needs of the individual child. The tutor will provide daily oral updates and a final written progress report at the end of each 2-week session.
The position will commence on June 27 and last for 9 weeks. The position will pay $16.00 per hour and be for 30 hours per week.
One position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs grant. Applicants for this position must be between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age on the start date. Applicants must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a refugee under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Successful applicants will need to provide a Vulnerable Sector Check.
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter and resume to Amanda Foster, CEO at [email protected] by May 27, 2022.