Registration required. Call the library at 613-283-2911.
Join us on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays in August for fun activities for children of various ages.
See our calendar or visit our Kids Programs page for more information.
This is a drop-in program. Please arrive early to avoid disappointment.
Join us on Friday mornings in August for “Tales for Tots!”
- For ages 12-18
- Must use the theme “strange creatures” in your story. This can be a real creature or a mythical creature, or something you made up.
- Fan fiction is allowed.
- Story must be minimum 2000 words, maximum 10,000 words.
- Entrant must be a resident of Smiths Falls or a Smiths Falls Public Library cardholder to be eligible for the $100 prize
Spend more time outside this year by joining the Smiths Falls Public Library “Get Outdoors Club!”
Just follow us on our social media platforms, or check out the Get Outdoors Club page! In the future we hope to host in person programs that will require registration such as hiking, nature crafts, gardening, and more. For now we will be posting fun activities you can do by yourself or in small groups. All ages welcome!
The Summer Tutoring Program is a one-on-one tutoring program for children needing extra assistance with reading skills.
How it Works:
- children are selected for the program based on their individual needs and availability to complete the 2-week program. Please note that completing an application does not guarantee a spot in the program.
- children need to have a Smiths Falls Public Library card (monthly memberships are available)
- tutors meet with their assigned child for 1 hour per day, for 10 days
- 3 or 4 two-week tutoring sessions are held during July and August
Registration for the TD Summer Reading Club is now open!
Visit https://www.tdsummerreadingclub.ca/ or call the library at 613-283-2911 to register. Your child will be able to track their summer reading and receive a bag of free stuff (while supplies last) including their reading club booklet. They will also have a chance to win fun prizes!
The TD Summer Reading Club is Canada’s biggest, bilingual summer reading program for kids of all ages, interests, and abilities. This free program is delivered by more than 2,000 public libraries across Canada. It celebrates Canadian authors, illustrators, and stories.
Participants explore recommended reads; track their own reading; connect and share with others across the country; read books online; join in activities; collect reading incentives; write jokes, stories and book reviews, and more. There are great resources for kids with print disabilities as well as for pre-readers and their families.
“Rewards for Reading” is back!
Every hour you read this summer gets you a point towards redeeming AWESOME prizes!
Visit our Teen Summer Reading Program page to download and print a Reading Log (available in Word and PDF format). If you don’t have access to a printer, call the library at 613-283-2911 to arrange a time for curbside printing service and pickup.
Teen Night will resume in September. If interested in teen programming, please see our Teen Summer Reading Program.
For more information email Ashley at email@example.com