Teens can join us Thursday nights, from 5:30-6:30 p.m. at different activity every week, from arts & crafts to games, trivia and more! Teens also welcome to choose collection, of board and card games or borrow of tablets and play games with friends are not interested in activity.
Teen Advisory Board (T.A.B.)
The Smiths Falls Public Library is looking for driven, creative, passionate and all-around awesome teens to join the Teen Advisory Board! (T.A.B.) The Teen Advisory Board will meet once a month to discuss teen programs, provide book suggestions and reviews and will assist in the redesign of the teen section of the library. Members may also have opportunities to help with event planning and facilitation outside of the monthly meetings. Teens can earn volunteer hours for attending meetings and activities.
The next T.A.B. meeting will be on Thursday, April 6th at 4:45 p.m.
Please download the application (below) and return the completed form to the library. Forms are also available at the main desk.
What Will You Do?
- Attend monthly meetings
- Brainstorm program ideas for teens and help promote them
- Make book suggestions and provide book reviews
- Help design the new teen space in the library
- Assist with programs and events when needed
- Help with other fun projects for the library
- It’s cool, obviously
- There will be snacks!
- Earn volunteer hours and gain experience
- You get to have your voice heard
- You will make a difference
- Meet new people and make friends
Who can join?
You must be between 13-18 years old and live in Smiths Falls or the Township of Montague.