- Over 37,000 adult and juvenile books and magazine subscriptions
- Rotation of DVDs from branch to branch
- Reference collections (and services)
- Large print books
- Genealogical/local history information
- Online newspapers, magazines, databases, ebooks and audiobooks
In addition to the above collections, the Library also offers various special collections.
Large Print Collection
For over 30 years the Smiths Falls Library has been providing large print books to students and adult patrons. We have recognized a demand for books with sharp, bold, easy-to-read large print. We stock books for special needs students in first grades through post secondary. We also have an extensive collection of Large Print Classics for all ages and award-winning Children’s Literature.
Large print books are ideal for individuals of all ages whether they are visually impaired, dyslexic, learning disabled, multi-disabled, reluctant young readers, adults with poor eyesight or individuals suffering from computer induced vision fatigue. Large Print books are different from regular books in the following ways:
- Extra Large Type Size: Between 13 to 18 point
- Sharp bold print
- Extra spacing between lines and paragraphs
- Wide margins
- High opacity paper
- Durable library bindings
- Laminated full-colour hard covers
- Smaller books: average closed book size 7.75″ x 9.25″
Daisy Book Collection
The library has a collection of over 600 titles in Daisy Format. Daisy Books are digital talking books which have more advanced features compared to a traditional talking book. The DAISY standard was developed in order to enable a person who is blind or print disabled to access the information in a book with the same ease with which a sighted person accesses information in a print book.