The library is currently closed to the public. All in person services, events, and programs have been cancelled or moved online. For more information or to place an order for curbside pickup, call us at 613-283-2911, or email us at [email protected]
The library has several computers to provide the public with high speed access to the Internet and to
Microsoft Office (including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access and MS Publisher).
These public access computers are available through the Community Access Program sponsored by Industry Canada.
We’ve Gone Wireless!
The library provides free wireless access. It is available for your laptop or wireless device 24/7. No password required. The Library’s wireless network is not secure. It is the responsibility of the wireless network user to protect themselves with up-to-date virus protection, firewalls and other security measures.
Reserve a Computer
Some of our computers may be booked up to a week in advance. We also have computers available on a first come, first served basis. To book a computer call or drop by the Library to see what is available. You are allowed up to one hour of Internet time per day. If you are using a computer for the first time, you must complete and sign a user agreement.
The library now offers a variety of online resources that you can access from the library or at home. Search the catalogue and online databases, read eBooks, and more!
Policies & Procedures
Due to increased demand for the internet, library staff reserve the right to limit time and suspend computer privileges if you abuse the rules. Here is the procedure to follow, to use the library computers:
- If you are using a computer for the first time, you must complete and sign a user agreement.
- You are allowed one hour of internet time per day.
- Check the booking sheets to see which computers and time slots are available. Please put your name in an empty slot only.
- Booking sheets can be found at the reference desk on the main floor.
- Sign in before using the computer. Please be on time. We will only hold your time slot for ten minutes.
- Sign out when you are done.
Print and Copy
- PHOTOCOPY: We have a coin operated, self-service photocopier. Copies are 20 cents each.
- PRINT: Patrons using the library’s public Internet workstations may make print copies. The cost is 20 cents per page for black and white and $1.00 per page for colour.
- LAMINATE: The library provides a laminating service for the public. Material, up to 16” wide, may be dropped off at the library. The charge is $1.00 per running foot.
We do not provide fax service. To fax documents, please contact Impression Printing at 613-283-2444 or visit their website at impressionprinting.ca