Computers and Internet Access
The Smiths Falls Public Library has several public computer workstations with high speed internet access. All workstations also include office software like Microsoft Word.
These public access computers are available through the Community Access Program sponsored by Industry Canada.
We've Gone Wireless!
The library provides free wireless access. It is available for your laptop or wireless device 24/7. No password required. The library’s wireless network is not secure. It is the responsibility of the user to protect themselves with up-to-date virus protection, firewalls and other security measures.
Reserve a Computer
Some of our computers may be booked up to a week in advance. We also have computers available on a first come, first served basis. To book a computer you can call or drop by the library to see what is available. You are allowed up to one hour of Internet time per day. If you are using a computer for the first time, you must complete and sign a user agreement.
The library now offers a variety of online resources that you can access from the library or at home. Search the catalogue and online databases, read eBooks, and more!
Policies and Procedures
- If you are using a computer for the first time, you must complete and sign a user agreement.
- You are allowed one hour of internet time per day.
- Check at the Reference Desk to see which computers and time slots are available. You can call the library to make a reservation up to a week in advance.
- Sign in before using the computer. Please be on time. We will only hold your time slot for ten minutes.
- Library staff have the right to limit time and suspend computer privileges if you abuse the rules.
Copy, Print and Scan
The Smiths Falls Public Library provides various print and copy services for public use.
- Photocopy: We have a self-service photocopier near the Reference Desk. Copies are 20 cents / page.
- Print: You can print in black & white or colour from any of our public internet workstations. The cost is 20 cents / page for black & white and $1.00 / page for colour.