A Smiths Falls Public Library card allows you to borrow family passes for museums in the National Capital Region and the National Gallery.
A library pass does not guarantee access. Most museums and galleries require library pass holders to make reservations at least 24 – 48 hours prior to their intended arrival. Please contact the museum of your choice prior to your visit.
Our partners in the Museum Family Pass Program include:
- Canadian Museum of Nature
- Canadian Museum of History
- The Canadian War Museum
- Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
- Canada Aviation and Space Museum
- Canada Science and Technology Museum
- National Gallery of Canada
- A family pass provides admission for up to five people (max. 2 adults).
- There is no guarantee of availability for specific dates. Passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved.
- The loan period is 3 days.
Ontario Parks Day-Use Vehicle Permits
Explore our provincial parks with a free Day-Use Vehicle Permit! These park permits provide unlimited day-use access for one vehicle and its occupants to more than 100 provincial parks in Ontario where fees are normally charged. Park capacity limitations apply. These permits must be displayed on the rear-view mirror or dashboard of the vehicle while it is in a park.
For more information about day-use at Ontario Parks, visit https://www.ontarioparks.com/dayuse
Day-Use Vehicle Permit Lending Policy
- A Day-Use Vehicle Permit provides free unlimited day-use access for one vehicle and its occupants.
- There is no guarantee of availability for specific dates. Permits are available on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved.
- The loan period is 7 days.
- If lost or damaged, a replacement fee of $111.87 ($99 + HST) will be applied to the cardholder’s account.
MAPsacks and Rideau Valley Conservation Area Passes
Borrow a MAPsack (“Movement And Play” sack) from our Children’s Department and we will include a Rideau Valley Conservation Area Pass! These passes allow you free access to local conservation areas such as:
- Baxter Conservation Area
- Foley Mountain
- Perth Wildlife Reserve
- Rideau Ferry Yacht Club
- W.A. Taylor Conservation Area
Passes cover the cost of one vehicle and can be borrowed for a 7-day period with a MAPsack.
Choose from 2 different MAPsacks:
- MAPsack #1: Snakes – Includes current Conservation Areas Annual Pass, Guide to Conservation Areas in Ontario, Rideau Valley Conservation Authority Conservation Areas Leaflet, Everything you need to know about snakes, If you were a snake by Clare Hibbert, The Snake’s diary by little yellow by Ella Clarke, A Snake’s life by Ellen Lawrence, MAPsack Journal, net, binoculars, magnifying glass, flashlight, pencil case + 12 pencil crayons and 2 pencils, laminated checklist.
- MAPsack #2: Pond Life – Includes current Conservation Areas Annual Pass, Guide to Conservation Areas in Ontario, Rideau Valley Conservation Authority Conservation Areas Leaflet, Be a pond detective by Peggy Kochanoff, Explore rivers and ponds by Carla Mooney, Life in a pond by Carol K. Lindeen, On duck pond by Jane Yolen, Pond circle by Betsy Franco, Pond walk by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace, MAPsack Journal, net, tweezers, magnifying glass, container, bubble scissors, flashlight, pencil case + 12 pencil crayons and 2 pencils, laminated checklist.
For more information about the Rideau Valley Conservation Authority, visit https://www.rvca.ca/