Get Outside SFPL!
Coming Soon: Badge Achievements
- Borrow a book on nature from the library. It can be Adult Nonfiction or from the Children’s Department.
- Make a bird feeder. Remember to take a picture to show us! (instructions below)
- Complete the Winter Bird Scavenger Hunt (see below)
- Take a photo of one of our winter friends!
Ontario Parks Day-Use Vehicle Permits
Did you know? Your Smiths Falls Public Library card isn’t just good for books! You can borrow free Day-Use Vehicle Permits.
These park permits provide unlimited day-use access for one vehicle and its occupants to more than 100 provincial parks in Ontario where fees are normally charged. Park capacity limitations apply. These permits must be displayed on the rear-view mirror or dashboard of the vehicle while it is in a park.
Passes can be borrowed for 7 days.
MAPsacks and Rideau Valley Conservation Area Passes
Borrow a MAPsack (“Movement And Play” sack) from our Children’s Department and we will include a Rideau Valley Conservation Area Pass! These passes allow you free access to local conservation areas such as:
- Baxter Conservation Area
- Foley Mountain
- Perth Wildlife Reserve
- Rideau Ferry Yacht Club
- W.A. Taylor Conservation Area
Passes cover the cost of one vehicle and can be borrowed for a 7-day period with a MAPsack.