This Smiths Falls Public Library is looking for a part-time Library Assistant – Digital Services. This position averages 19 hours per week. The starting hourly rate will be $22.30 per hour.
- Keeps the library website updated
- Leads the library’s social media efforts
- Creates marketing materials
- Responsible for monthly reporting of assigned statistics to the Chief Executive Officer
- Assists customers with technological questions and reference and readers’ advisory questions and performs circulation duties when assigned to work at the service desk
- Attends regular programming meetings
- Places orders for requested interlibrary loan titles, oversees self-initiated requests, and responds to requests from other libraries with in the VDX system when needed
- Performs other duties as required
- Relevant post-secondary education. A Library Technician diploma is preferred.
- Demonstrated technology-related work experience
- Library experience is an asset
- Competent computer user with advanced knowledge of social media and web design
- A satisfactory criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening and proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required.
Please email cover letter and resume to Amanda Foster, CEO/Chief Librarian ([email protected]) by December 14, 2022.